OVEN-ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH CHORIZO, RAISINS & PINE NUTS
• 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and cut in half through the core
• 2 Tbsp. Clarified Butter • 2 Tbsp Whole Butter
• 4 ozs. Chorizo, cut into ¼” dice
• 1 sprig Fresh Thyme, leaves picked off the stem
• 1 Shallot, minced
• 1 Tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
• 2 Tbsp. Raisins, soaked in warm water 10 minutes
• 2 Tbsp. of Pine Nuts, roasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Heat an oven-proof pan over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add clarified butter. When the butter starts to smoke, add the brussel sprouts.
3. Toss to coat the brussel sprouts and place pan into the oven for 15 minutes or until sprouts are golden brown and tender. Remove pan from the oven and return to stovetop over medium heat. Add butter and chorizo.
4. Cook for 3 minutes then add shallots and thyme. Cook for 1 minute then add vinegar, raisins and pine nuts. Toss gently and check seasoning. Serve immediately.
- 3 plums (about 9 ounces), pitted and cut into quarters
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen pitted sweet cherries (about 40 cherries)
- 3 ounces red seedless grapes (about 16 grapes)
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine plums, cherries, grapes, sugar and extract in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the mixture into ice-pop molds and freeze overnight until solid.
- Invert each ice pop into a cup and add some champagne. As the ice pops melt, they create grown-up slushies!
- Purchase a 1x6x6 from Home Depot or your local hardware store. Cut 3 pieces at 4″, one piece at 6″ and one piece at 21″. A simple hand saw will work great if you don’t have a saw!
- Next, attach the 4″ pieces like this with wood glue and finishing nails.
Using wood glue and finishing nails, attach the 6″ piece to the front of the 4″ pieces. (Touching all three wood pieces).
Add wood glue to the back of the bottle cap catcher (other three panel side) and attach it to the 21″ board with finishing nails and attach it to the 21″ board with finishing nails (from the back of the 21″ board into the bottle cap catcher).
- Purchase a Wall Mounted Bottle opener
Whiskey Sour's are a simple cocktail with only three ingredients. It’s tasty and the preparation will impress your guests.
- Christmas Recipes
- Cinco de Mayo
- Classic Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- DIY Crafts
- Earth Day
- Easter Themed Recipes
- Fall Calendar Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Halloween Themed Recipes
- Hot Drinks
- Royal Wedding
- Spring Calendar
- St. Patrick's Day
- Summer Cocktail
- Summer Cocktails
- Summer Inspired Recipes
- Tasty Everyday Recipe
- Tequila Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Valentine's Day
- Winter cocktails
- Winter Events Calender
- WPWS Favourite Recipes