Looking to mix things up for Super Bowl Sunday? Allow the Trusted Experts to take your watch-party to the next level! Whether you’re a Los Angeles Rams fan, Cincinnati Bengals buff or commercial surfer, you’re guaranteed to win some extra points with these cocktails.
You’ll feel the California Sunshine in this twist on the Old Fashioned made with Rum, Angostura, and maple syrup!
- Bar spoon
- Cocktail mixing glass (a pint glass works in a pinch!)
- Hawthorne strainer
- Rocks glass
- 2 ounces Dos Maderas PX 5+5 rum
- ½ ounce maple syrup
- 2-3 dashes angostura bitters
- Orange peel for garnish
- Place one king cube, or 2-3 ice cubes in a rocks glass
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice
- Stir for 20 seconds, and strain into the rocks glass
- Hold the lighter just above the glass with the orange peel in your other hand, orange side towards the flame. When you give the peel a quick squeeze the fruit’s essential oils should shoot out towards the flame, creating a small burst of fire! Give the lip of the glass a quick wipe with the peel and then drop it in.
Black and Orange
If your more of a Ben-Gal (or Ben-Guy), this striped libation might just become your new favourite!
- Pint glass
- Bar spoon
- Tilt the glass at 45 degrees and slowly pour the cider, filling the glass half way and trying to avoid any foam
- Set the glass down, and hold an inverted spoon over the top
- Gently pour the Guinness over the spoon. The beer should settle on top of the denser cider, and you’ll have a unique two-tone bevie!
Peggy’s Perfect Paloma
Courtesy of our President Peggy Perry (who is just here for the commercials), we have a fantastic rendition of this classic Mexican cocktail!
- Pepper grinder or mortar and pestle
- Mixing glass
- 2 oz El Tequileño Platino Tequila
- 2 oz Fever Tree Sparkling Pink Grapefruit soda
- 1 oz freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 oz freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz agave syrup
- Garnish (optional):
- Pink Peppercorns
- Flaky Salt
- Fresh basil
- Wet the lip of a rocks glass with lemon juice, and rim with a 1:1 mix of freshly-ground pink peppercorns and flaky salt
- In a mixing glass, add the lemon juice and agave syrup and stir until the syrup is fully dissolved.
- Fill glass with ice and add tequila, stir, then add the grapefruit juice
- Strain into the rimmed glass, leaving at least 1 inch of space at the top. Top with grapefruit soda
- Garnish with a fresh basil (clap it between your hands above the glass to release essential oils), and a slice of pink grapefruit
Giving these cocktails a go? Share your photos with us on Instagram! Tag us @willlowparkwines, or use the hashtag #TasteLearnEnjoy!