- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 pint whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 egg whites*
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.
- Cook's Note: For cooked eggnog, follow procedure below.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, combine the milk, heavy cream and nutmeg and bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Then return everything to the pot and cook until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F. Remove from the heat, stir in the bourbon, pour into a medium mixing bowl, and set in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. With the mixer running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Whisk the egg whites into the chilled mixture.
Recipe adapted from www.foodnetwork.com
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup Nutella or other hazelnut spread
- pinch of slat
- 6 oz Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp instant espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- toasted coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
- Bring the milk, Nutella, and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until Nutella is completely dissolved. Taste for chocolate flavor and body, and add more Nutella if desired. Stir in hazelnut liqueur, and remove from heat.
- Whip the heavy cream together with the confectioner’s sugar and espresso powder until soft peaks have formed. Ladle the drink into warmed cups, and top with a big spoonful of whipped cream. Garnish with the chopped hazelnuts and toasted coconut flakes.
Recipe adapted from katieatthekitchendoor.com
- Combine Baileys Pumpkin Spice, Captain Morgan, and vanilla ice cream in a highball glass.
- Top with cola and stir. Garnish with mint.
Recipe adapted from www.townandcountrymag.com
- Christmas Recipes
- Cinco de Mayo
- Classic Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- DIY Crafts
- Earth Day
- Easter Themed Recipes
- Fall Calendar Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Halloween Themed Recipes
- Hot Drinks
- Peggy Perry Recipe
- Royal Wedding
- Spring Calendar
- St. Patrick's Day
- Summer Cocktail
- Summer Cocktails
- Summer Inspired Recipes
- Tasty Everyday Recipe
- Tequila Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Valentine's Day
- weekly specials
- Winter cocktails
- Winter Events Calender
- WPWS Favourite Recipes