- 1 oz Bailey's Pumpkin Spice
- 1 oz Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1.5 scoops Vanilla ice cream
- Combine Baileys Pumpkin Spice, Captain Morgan, and vanilla ice cream in a highball glass.
- Top with cola and stir. Garnish with mint.
Recipe adapted from www.townandcountrymag.com
- 1 (750ml) bottle of bourbon whiskey
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- sugar pumpkin
- De-seed your pumpkin and cut it into slices. Lay them in a prepared baking sheet (single layer), and roast them at 330 F for 45-69 minutes.
- Pour the whiskey into a mason jar or another air-tight container. I used a 1.5 L mason jar, so I would have plenty of room.
- Add the roasted pumpkin ans the pumpkin spice .
- Put the container somewhere safe and leave it alone for the next two weeks. NOTE (can shake it ever so often if needed)
- Once two weeks has passed, strain the whiskey using cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
Recipe adapted from www.tastefullyeclectic.com
For Chowder Base:
- 1 oz. butter
- 2 lbs Kurri Squash, peel, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 stalks of lemon grass chopped
- 1 small bulb of ginger, chopped
- 1 large carrot roughly, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 leek, whites only, thinly sliced
- 1 head of garlic, chopped
- 2 liters of chicken stock
- 2 liters of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of Thai red curry paste
- juice from 3 limes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and white pepper
In a large stock pot over medium heat melt the butter. Add the lemon grass, ginger, carrot, celery, onion and garlic. Turn the heat down to low. Slowly sweat the vegetables for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Then add the squash and continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes. Add the chicken stock to the pot. Bring the chicken stock up to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the coconut milk, thyme and bay leaf and continue to simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Process the chowder base in a blender until smooth and creamy. Strain the chowder base through a fine strainer and add the lime juice and fish sauce. Add the salt and white pepper to taste.
For The Chowder:
- 1 cup of diced Kurri squash
- 1 cup of dice potatoes
- 8 baby squash (patti pans or crook neck) quartered
- 8 kohlrabi peeled and quartered
- ½ cup of pearl onions
- ½ lbs organic ocean spot prawns
- 1 lbs organic ocean mussels
- ½ lbs of organic ocean halibut cut into 1 inch dice
- 100 ml of whipping cream
Bring the chowder base to a boil. Add the kurri squash, potatoes, baby squash, pearl onions and cook until tender (approximately 15 mins). Add the mussels, prawns, and halibut and cook until the mussel open and the seafood is cooked. Add the cream and cook for 1 minute. Serve the chowder in bowls topped with chopped chives and a drizzle of olive oil!
Page 41 on Fall Calendar
- 3 Parts Flor de Caña Gran Reserva 7
- Lemon juice
- Pineapple simple syrup
- Splash of water
- 3 Parts sparkling wine
- Lime and pineapple triangles
- Grated nutmeg
Add Flor de Caña Gran Reserva 7, lemon juice, simple syrup and fruit triangles in a punch bowl and stir. Add sparkling wine, grated nutmeg and a splash of water and stir again. Serve and enjoy
Page 34 on our Fall Calendar
- 1 cup Flor de Cana rum
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup walnuts if desired
- Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality. Good isn’t it? Now go ahead. Heat oven to 350 F. Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup of the butter until fluffy. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and beat again.
- Meanwhile, make sure the rum is the finest quality!
- Mix flour, baking soda and baking powder together. Add 2 large eggs, lemon juice, 2 cups fried fruit and mix well.
- Fold in nuts. Add rum slowly and brown sugar and mix well. Grease cake pan and bake until golden brown for 25 – 35 mins.
Page 34 on our Fall Calendar
- 2 oz apple juice
- 2oz vodka
- 1 oz butterscotch liqueur
- Ice and apple slice for garnish
For a Cold Cocktail: In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake all ingredients vigorously. Pour in your favourite tumbler, over ice. Garnish with a slice of apple
For a Hot Cocktail: Heat the apple juice to a simmer. Place the vodka and liquor in prepared glass and pour hot apple juice overtop. Stir and garnish with a fresh apple slice. I
- Christmas Recipes
- Cinco de Mayo
- Classic Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- DIY Crafts
- Earth Day
- Easter Themed Recipes
- Fall Calendar Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Halloween Themed Recipes
- Hot Drinks
- Royal Wedding
- Spring Calendar
- St. Patrick's Day
- Summer Cocktail
- Summer Cocktails
- Summer Inspired Recipes
- Tasty Everyday Recipe
- Tequila Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Valentine's Day
- Winter Events Calender
- WPWS Favourite Recipes