Palama Verdeca Salento Bianco 2020, Puglia, Italy
Palama Verdeca Salento Bianco 2020, Puglia, Italy
We are kicking off the 12 Wines of Christmas with a stunner! Surrounded by three seas, father and son Nini and Michele work side by side on the Salento Peninsula, the sun-drenched heel of the Italian boot. As they could achieve ripe fruit in their sleep, the family’s real artform lies in control—watching, waiting, and harvesting before grapes over ripen, allowing them to showcase Puglia’s spectacular terroir. Made of 100% Verdeca, Palama Verdeca is a straw yellow colour in the glass. The nose gives way to aromas of lime leaf, tangerine, and mint oil. The palate is tangy and bold with layers of warm citrus with a refreshing finish. Enjoy with a delicious Portuguese kale soup, Caldo Verde!
Trusted Expert Storage and Service Recommendations: Serve at 15 degrees Celsius in a white wine glass.
Recipe By Peter Smolarz, Director of Fine Wines & Purchasing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, diced small
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, medium diced
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, sliced very thin
- 12 oz Portuguese chourico sausage or Spanish Chorizo, sliced into coins
- 1 can white beans, rinsed
- 8 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup madeira or sherry wine
- 1 tsp Piri Piri or paprika powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat, add sausage and cook until browned, remove with a slotted spoon, allowing rendered fat to stay in the pot. Add onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook for five minutes or until lightly coloured. Deglaze the pan with wine and scrape off any brown bits, bring to a boil and reduce by half. Add stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes and Piri Piri or paprika, reduce to medium low heat and simmer for 20 minutes, allow to cool then puree with a blender. Add kale and white beans and cook for 15 minutes or until the greens are tender. Add lemon juice and take off the heat.
- Serve warm with the slices of browned sausage.
You already have the product limit of in your cart
WHEN WILL MY PARCEL ARRIVE?
You will receive tracking information once your order has been processed and shipped out. This may take up to 3 business days. Please allow for 1-3 business days for deliveries within Calgary. Expected delivery times outside Calgary are between 3-7 business days.
- Delivery times vary by product type and method of delivery. Typically, urban addresses will receive packages within the early part of delivery estimates; expect the latter part of delivery estimates for rural addresses.
- Delivery times or pickup times may be affected by weather or order volumes.
- All Shipping fees at checkout are calculated and set by our couriers.
- Due to continual rising overall costs, we are unable to offer free shipping.
- Any additional attempts or redirect will be at an additional cost.
I WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER. HOW DO I DO THAT?
To cancel your order, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know the reason for cancellation and the order number of the order you’d like to cancel. Please note if an order has been attempted delivery or is currently on the way via a courier and you choose to cancel, shipping fees will not be refunded.
I ACCIDENTALLY PAID FOR SHIPPING BUT I WANT TO PICKUP. HOW DO I GET REFUNDED?
Please call or email Alyssa at 403-296-1640 ext. 249 or email@example.com to be issued a refund for shipping costs. Please note if a delivery is currently on its way or was attempted, shipping funds are non-refundable.
LOCAL DELIVERY INFORMATION
Willow Park Wines & Spirits will deliver orders to a residential or business address. If possible, it’s recommended to ship to a business address for the reasons below:
- Someone of legal drinking age must be there to receive and sign for the delivery
- If no one is home after 2 delivery attempts, the package will be shipped back for pickup at our Main Store location in Willow Park Village for you to pickup within 48 hours. Under no circumstances are we able to leave an order unattended. If you would like another reattempt at delivery, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a new delivery booked.
Willow Park Wines & Spirits offers delivery everyday between the time slots of 11am - 3:30pm and 4pm – 8pm. Calgary Local Delivery is $8.
Willow Park Wines & Spirits goal is to 100% customer satisfaction. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, or need to return an item for any reason, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Refunds can be made up to 30 days after purchasing the item(s).
- If the item(s) is in sellable condition, it will be refunded. Orders that have incurred a shipping fee can be refunded minus the shipping costs. Return shipment fees are at the cost of the customer wishing to cancel the order.
- Wines older than 7 years and/over $100 will not be refunded unless the respective producer agrees to have it replaced.
*Please note event ticket refunds must be made 48 hours in advance due to the extended costs of putting these events on.*
If you are not at the delivery address to receive your shipment, Canada Post will keep Products at a postal outlet for fifteen (15) days before returning product(s) back to Willow Park Wines & Spirits. If the package is returned for any reason (ex. a wrong shipping address was provided, delivery went unanswered or was refused, or the package(s) was left abandoned at pickup outlet), no refund for shipping fees will be provided. Once products are returned, we may cancel your order and issue a refund to the credit card used minus the shipping fees. If you choose to have your package re-shipped, there will be an additional charge to cover those fees.