Chateau Pedesclaux 2018
Chateau Pedesclaux 2018
You already have the product limit of in your cart
The 10th vintage by the Lorenzetti family, 2018 also marks the birth of an exceptional vintage for Château Pedesclaux, the magnificent Grand Cru Classe of Pauillac.
2018 was characterized by intense episodes of rain, which resulted in strong mildew pressure. The excellent location of Chateau Pedesclaux near the Gironde estuary, nevertheless, helped the estate fight off the attacks of mildew, by helping circulate masses of air. With a conversion begun in 2012, 50% of the Château Pedesclaux vineyard is now cultivated by means of organic and biodynamic agriculture.
The beautiful summer with plenty of sunshine lasted until harvest, allowing for fantastic fruit: small grapes with a high concentration of aromas and beautiful tannins. The harvest began on September 25 and ended on October 12, fully revealing the personality of each variety.
The Grand Vin of the estate, the Chateau Pédesclaux 2018 is made from a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (64%), complemented by Merlot(27%), Petit Verdot (4%) and Cabernet Franc (5%).
At the tasting, the Chateau Pédesclaux 2018 presents a beautifully intense garnet red colour. The aromatic bouquet is quite powerful, revealing gorgeous black fruit notes, elegant citrus and spices, punctuated with delicate floral fragrances, especially violet. On the palate, the wines seduces with its richness and smooth texture, structured by round and silky tannins. The wine retains a great freshness and a beautiful vivaciousness on the palate, stretching forth into a mouthwatering finish of great elegance. A perfectly executed vintage for Chateau Pedesclaux, announcing the birth of another great year.
95 Points - Jeb Dunnuck
My money is on the 2018 Château Pédesclaux being the best to date, and this estate has made leaps and bounds in terms of quality over the past decade. The 2018 is made from 64% Cabernet Sauvignon, 27% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and 4% Petit Verdot, which will spend 16 months in 60% new French oak prior to bottling. Showing notable freshness and elegance, as well as medium to full body, seamless tannins, and perfumed notes of blue fruits, spice, violets, and wet stone-like minerality, it shows the purity, precision, and elegance that the estate now delivers as well as the sweet, sunny fruit of the vintage. It will be accessible with just short-term cellaring yet keep for 25+ years or more.
WHEN WILL MY PARCEL ARRIVE?
You will receive tracking information once your order has been processed and shipped out. This may take up to 3 business days. Please allow for 1-3 business days for deliveries within Calgary. Expected delivery times outside Calgary are between 3-7 business days.
- Delivery times vary by product type and method of delivery. Typically, urban addresses will receive packages within the early part of delivery estimates; expect the latter part of delivery estimates for rural addresses.
- Delivery times or pickup times may be affected by weather or order volumes.
- All Shipping fees at checkout are calculated and set by our couriers.
- Due to continual rising overall costs, we are unable to offer free shipping.
- Any additional attempts or redirect will be at an additional cost.
I WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER. HOW DO I DO THAT?
To cancel your order, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know the reason for cancellation and the order number of the order you’d like to cancel. Please note if an order has been attempted delivery or is currently on the way via a courier and you choose to cancel, shipping fees will not be refunded.
I ACCIDENTALLY PAID FOR SHIPPING BUT I WANT TO PICKUP. HOW DO I GET REFUNDED?
Please call or email Alyssa at 403-296-1640 ext. 249 or email@example.com to be issued a refund for shipping costs. Please note if a delivery is currently on its way or was attempted, shipping funds are non-refundable.
LOCAL DELIVERY INFORMATION
Willow Park Wines & Spirits will deliver orders to a residential or business address. If possible, it’s recommended to ship to a business address for the reasons below:
- Someone of legal drinking age must be there to receive and sign for the delivery
- If no one is home after 2 delivery attempts, the package will be shipped back for pickup at our Main Store location in Willow Park Village for you to pickup within 48 hours. Under no circumstances are we able to leave an order unattended. If you would like another reattempt at delivery, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a new delivery booked.
Willow Park Wines & Spirits offers delivery everyday between the time slots of 11am - 3:30pm and 4pm – 8pm. Calgary Local Delivery is $8.
Willow Park Wines & Spirits goal is to 100% customer satisfaction. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, or need to return an item for any reason, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Refunds can be made up to 30 days after purchasing the item(s).
- If the item(s) is in sellable condition, it will be refunded. Orders that have incurred a shipping fee can be refunded minus the shipping costs. Return shipment fees are at the cost of the customer wishing to cancel the order.
- Wines older than 7 years and/over $100 will not be refunded unless the respective producer agrees to have it replaced.
*Please note event ticket refunds must be made 48 hours in advance due to the extended costs of putting these events on.*
If you are not at the delivery address to receive your shipment, Canada Post will keep Products at a postal outlet for fifteen (15) days before returning product(s) back to Willow Park Wines & Spirits. If the package is returned for any reason (ex. a wrong shipping address was provided, delivery went unanswered or was refused, or the package(s) was left abandoned at pickup outlet), no refund for shipping fees will be provided. Once products are returned, we may cancel your order and issue a refund to the credit card used minus the shipping fees. If you choose to have your package re-shipped, there will be an additional charge to cover those fees.