Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou 2018
Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou 2018
You already have the product limit of in your cart
A "shocking" vintage. These are the terms used by Bruno-Eugene Borie to describe the 2018 vintage at the prestigious Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou. 2018 was shocking because of the new standard that it represents, similar to the great vintages of 1945 or 1961 before it, but also because of the emotions, it brings to the tasting.
After a rainy and difficult spring, the beautiful summer settled with plenty of radiant sunshine, which persisted until the date of the harvest. The harvest gave rise to an exceptional vintage. Through a long vegetative cycle, the grapes were able to reach a perfect level of ripeness, presenting a small size, thick skins and beautifully ripe pips.
The Grand Vin of the estate, the Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou 2018rewards the work of the technical teams. Blending Cabernet Sauvignon (85%) and Merlot (15%), the Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou 2018 offers a magnificent expression of the great terroir of Saint-Julien on the left bank of Bordeaux.
At the tasting, the Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou 2018 presents an intense, dark red and purple colour. The aromatic bouquet is dazzling, springing from the glass to reveal notes of black fruits, punctuated by delicate floral fragrances, especially violet. Swirling the glass reveals beautifully mineral graphite notes. The palate is sumptuous, captivating with its voluminous texture and presenting great class, along with a perfect structure of refined and polished tannins. The tasty palate is enhanced by juicy fruit and a great freshness. Balanced by crisp acidity, the wine persists for a long time until the finish. A true masterpiece, the Chateau Ducru-Beaucaillou 2018 is in line with the most exceptional vintages, which will undoubtedly mark the history of the estate. A vintage surely made to survive the decades ahead of it.
100 Points - Wine Enthusiast
Vintage 2018 was generous to the style of Ducru-Beaucaillou. The rich character of wines from this estate is enhanced by the ripeness and concentration of this wine. At the same time it keeps an amazing freshness that comes out of the acidity. This wine will go down in the annals of this historic estate. It is not likely to approach drinkability before 2028.
WHEN WILL MY PARCEL ARRIVE?
You will receive tracking information once your order has been processed and shipped out. This may take up to 3 business days. Please allow for 1-3 business days for deliveries within Calgary. Expected delivery times outside Calgary are between 3-7 business days.
- Delivery times vary by product type and method of delivery. Typically, urban addresses will receive packages within the early part of delivery estimates; expect the latter part of delivery estimates for rural addresses.
- Delivery times or pickup times may be affected by weather or order volumes.
- All Shipping fees at checkout are calculated and set by our couriers.
- Due to continual rising overall costs, we are unable to offer free shipping.
- Any additional attempts or redirect will be at an additional cost.
I WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER. HOW DO I DO THAT?
To cancel your order, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know the reason for cancellation and the order number of the order you’d like to cancel. Please note if an order has been attempted delivery or is currently on the way via a courier and you choose to cancel, shipping fees will not be refunded.
I ACCIDENTALLY PAID FOR SHIPPING BUT I WANT TO PICKUP. HOW DO I GET REFUNDED?
Please call or email Alyssa at 403-296-1640 ext. 249 or email@example.com to be issued a refund for shipping costs. Please note if a delivery is currently on its way or was attempted, shipping funds are non-refundable.
LOCAL DELIVERY INFORMATION
Willow Park Wines & Spirits will deliver orders to a residential or business address. If possible, it’s recommended to ship to a business address for the reasons below:
- Someone of legal drinking age must be there to receive and sign for the delivery
- If no one is home after 2 delivery attempts, the package will be shipped back for pickup at our Main Store location in Willow Park Village for you to pickup within 48 hours. Under no circumstances are we able to leave an order unattended. If you would like another reattempt at delivery, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a new delivery booked.
Willow Park Wines & Spirits offers delivery everyday between the time slots of 11am - 3:30pm and 4pm – 8pm. Calgary Local Delivery is $8.
Willow Park Wines & Spirits goal is to 100% customer satisfaction. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, or need to return an item for any reason, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Refunds can be made up to 30 days after purchasing the item(s).
- If the item(s) is in sellable condition, it will be refunded. Orders that have incurred a shipping fee can be refunded minus the shipping costs. Return shipment fees are at the cost of the customer wishing to cancel the order.
- Wines older than 7 years and/over $100 will not be refunded unless the respective producer agrees to have it replaced.
*Please note event ticket refunds must be made 48 hours in advance due to the extended costs of putting these events on.*
If you are not at the delivery address to receive your shipment, Canada Post will keep Products at a postal outlet for fifteen (15) days before returning product(s) back to Willow Park Wines & Spirits. If the package is returned for any reason (ex. a wrong shipping address was provided, delivery went unanswered or was refused, or the package(s) was left abandoned at pickup outlet), no refund for shipping fees will be provided. Once products are returned, we may cancel your order and issue a refund to the credit card used minus the shipping fees. If you choose to have your package re-shipped, there will be an additional charge to cover those fees.