Château Bouscassé 2016, Madiran, France
Château Bouscassé 2016, Madiran, France
Château Bouscassé is the second of the estates led by Alain Brumont, a leading vigneron of Madiran. The winery, based in the commune of Maumusson-Laguian on clay-limestone soils, has been in the Brumont family for several generations. The Bouscassé is a blend of Tannat, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Cabernet Franc, with an appealing balance of fruit and savoury flavours. Brambles and black currant are complemented by dried herbs, florals, and a meatiness that will be familiar to fans of Syrah. It is polished and finessed thanks to thoughtful winemaking and five years in the bottle. This wine is full-bodied and packed with black fruits, cassis, cloves, cedar, and savoury notes. The flavours in this wine pair perfectly with red wine braised short ribs.Trusted Expert Storage and Service Recommendations: Serve at 15-20 degrees Celsius in a universal glass.
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
Recipe By Bon Appetit
- 5 pounds bone-in beef short ribs, cut crosswise into 2" pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 750-ml bottle dry red wine (preferably Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 10 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 1 head of garlic, halved crosswise
- 4 cups low-sodium beef stock
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Working in 2 batches, brown short ribs on all sides, about 8 minutes per batch. Transfer short ribs to a plate. Pour off all but 3 Tbsp. drippings from the pot.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to pot and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until onions are browned, about 5 minutes. Add flour and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, until well combined and deep red, 2–3 minutes. Stir in wine, then add short ribs with any accumulated juices. Bring to a boil; lower heat to medium and simmer until wine is reduced by half, about 25 minutes. Add all herbs to the pot along with garlic. Stir in stock. Bring to a boil, cover, and transfer to the oven.
- Cook until short ribs are tender, 2–2½ hours. Transfer short ribs to a platter. Strain sauce from the pot into a measuring cup. Spoon fat from surface of sauce and discard; season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in shallow bowls over mashed potatoes with sauce spooned over.
You already have the product limit of in your cart
WHEN WILL MY PARCEL ARRIVE?
You will receive tracking information once your order has been processed and shipped out. This may take up to 3 business days. Please allow for 1-3 business days for deliveries within Calgary. Expected delivery times outside Calgary are between 3-7 business days.
- Delivery times vary by product type and method of delivery. Typically, urban addresses will receive packages within the early part of delivery estimates; expect the latter part of delivery estimates for rural addresses.
- Delivery times or pickup times may be affected by weather or order volumes.
- All Shipping fees at checkout are calculated and set by our couriers.
- Due to continual rising overall costs, we are unable to offer free shipping.
- Any additional attempts or redirect will be at an additional cost.
I WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER. HOW DO I DO THAT?
To cancel your order, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know the reason for cancellation and the order number of the order you’d like to cancel. Please note if an order has been attempted delivery or is currently on the way via a courier and you choose to cancel, shipping fees will not be refunded.
I ACCIDENTALLY PAID FOR SHIPPING BUT I WANT TO PICKUP. HOW DO I GET REFUNDED?
Please call or email Alyssa at 403-296-1640 ext. 249 or email@example.com to be issued a refund for shipping costs. Please note if a delivery is currently on its way or was attempted, shipping funds are non-refundable.
LOCAL DELIVERY INFORMATION
Willow Park Wines & Spirits will deliver orders to a residential or business address. If possible, it’s recommended to ship to a business address for the reasons below:
- Someone of legal drinking age must be there to receive and sign for the delivery
- If no one is home after 2 delivery attempts, the package will be shipped back for pickup at our Main Store location in Willow Park Village for you to pickup within 48 hours. Under no circumstances are we able to leave an order unattended. If you would like another reattempt at delivery, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a new delivery booked.
Willow Park Wines & Spirits offers delivery everyday between the time slots of 11am - 3:30pm and 4pm – 8pm. Calgary Local Delivery is $8.
Willow Park Wines & Spirits goal is to 100% customer satisfaction. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, or need to return an item for any reason, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Refunds can be made up to 30 days after purchasing the item(s).
- If the item(s) is in sellable condition, it will be refunded. Orders that have incurred a shipping fee can be refunded minus the shipping costs. Return shipment fees are at the cost of the customer wishing to cancel the order.
- Wines older than 7 years and/over $100 will not be refunded unless the respective producer agrees to have it replaced.
*Please note event ticket refunds must be made 48 hours in advance due to the extended costs of putting these events on.*
If you are not at the delivery address to receive your shipment, Canada Post will keep Products at a postal outlet for fifteen (15) days before returning product(s) back to Willow Park Wines & Spirits. If the package is returned for any reason (ex. a wrong shipping address was provided, delivery went unanswered or was refused, or the package(s) was left abandoned at pickup outlet), no refund for shipping fees will be provided. Once products are returned, we may cancel your order and issue a refund to the credit card used minus the shipping fees. If you choose to have your package re-shipped, there will be an additional charge to cover those fees.