September 25, 2014 |
Tasty Recipes |
Grilled Steak Rub
A favourite marinade for steaks especially Rib Eye, this amount is good for rubbing 2 to 3 lbs of meat. The recipe is inspired by a similar one created by Chef Carl of Terra in Napa Valley.
- 4 cloves garlic minced fine, for best results use a garlic press
- 4 TB olive oil
- 1 TB each of dried oregano, basil and thyme (omit if you wish)
- Splash of fish sauce (omit if you wish)
- Salt and ground pepper
- Combine the above and rub over the steaks.
- To serve Italian style,slice the steaks thinly and cover them with a salad of Chiffon leaves of watercress, arugula, frisée and / or other peppery/bitter greens that have been dressed with:
- 2 TB Lemon juice
- 1 TB fish sauce
- 2 TB olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Finish with Slices of Parmesan.
Great with a side of new potatoes - pair with big, bold reds!