Below you will find 3 recommended pairings, 1 for each of your wines. Enjoy!
Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt Estate Riesling 2017
Pairing: Pork Schnitzel
Adapted from: Natasha's Kitchen | Serves 4-6
- 2 lbs boneless pork chops
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt (or sub with equal parts salt and garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil, canola oil or any high heat cooking oil to saute
- Lemon wedges to serve
Line a cutting board with plastic wrap, place cutlets in a single layer on cutting board and cover with plastic wrap (this prevents splatter). Pound cutlets with a meat mallet or the back of a heavy saucepan, until 1/4" to 1/8" thick.
Set up three bowls. In the first combine 1/3 cup flour, 1 Tbsp garlic salt, 1/2 tsp paprika and 1/2 tsp pepper. In the second, use a fork to beat 3 eggs. In the third bowl, add 2 cups panko crumbs.
Dredge both sides of each pounded cutlet in flour then dip in beaten egg letting excess egg drip back into the bowl before breading in panko crumbs. It helps to use a fork for the dipping process to keep your hands clean. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
Once all cutlets are breaded, heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Once oil is hot, add breaded cutlets a few at a time and sauté 3-4 min per side or until cooked through. Reduce heat if browning too quickly. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Cut into one to check doneness - juices should run clear. Serve with lemon wedges,
Manos Negras Red Soil Select Pinot Noir 2018
Pairing: Grilled Venison Steak
Adapted from: All Our Way | Serves 2
- 1 ½ lbs. venison steak an 1 inch thick
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup dry red wine
Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a measuring cup.
Place venison in a large zip lock bag.
Pour marinade over steak and seal the bag.
Place bag in a flat casserole dish so that the steak lies flat.
Refrigerate and marinate at least 5 hours, turning every half hour to marinate each side.
Drain the marinade at let the steak come to room temperature at least 1 hour.
Spray grill grate with spray oil and heat the grill to 500 F.
Pat the steak dry with paper towels and then rub both sides of steak with olive oil.
Lay the steak on the grill. Do not disturb for 2 minutes. With tongs pick up the steak and move it 90 degrees on the grill -- this will give you the cross-hatch grill marks. Grill another 2 minutes on the same side.
Flip the steak and grill until medium rare, using the same method as the first side. Do the Finger test for doneness about 4 minutes.
Move the steak to a platter and let it rest for at least 5 minutes.
Slice the meat and serve.
Tenet the Pundit Syrah 2020
Pairing: Classic Red Sauce Pasta
Adapted from: Food Network | Serves 4-6
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 red onion, medium-diced
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into chunks
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- 1 pound penne or spaghetti, cooked until al dente
- Puree the tomatoes to a smooth, creamy consistency in a food processor or with an immersion blender. (If you like a more country feel, you can wait and break them up in the pan later with a wooden spoon.)
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. When hot, add the onion and saute 5 to 6 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until you see the color start changing. If you'd like to make the sauce spicy, add the red pepper flakes.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer about 30 minutes. (If you did not puree the tomatoes, use a wooden spoon to break them into pieces while they cook.) Strive for balance in the consistency of the sauce: It has to be fluid, but it should not look overly wet. Add the basil and remove from the heat. Toss with just-cooked pasta.