Below you will find 3 recommended pairings, 1 for each of your wines. Enjoy!
J. Lohr Riverstone Chardonnay
Pairing: Shrimp Skewers with Avocado Mango Salsa
Adapted from: The Peachee Pear | Serves 6 skewers
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime (about 2-3 tbsp lime juice)
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
Avocado Mango Salsa
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeño pepper
- 1 diced Roma tomato
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 lime (about 2-3 tbsp lime juice)
- 1 tsp pink salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (more to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Place your shrimp in a large bowl and pat dry. Drizzle shrimp with olive oil, lime juice, sprinkle pink salt, black pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Stir shrimp making sure it's well coated with oil, lime juice and spices.
Start assembling skewers using skewer sticks and sticking about 5 shrimp per stick. If you're using wooden sticks remember to soak them for at least an hour before assembling skewers.
- Grill your skewers on medium-high heat until shrimp starts to turn pink and opaque. About 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from grill and set to the side.
- Dice mango and avocado and place in a large bowl. Toss in the rest of diced ingredients; red onions, cucumber, jalapeño, and tomato. Toss in chopped cilantro, drizzle lime juice, sprinkle pink salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Stir well making sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Serve shrimp skewers with avocado mango salsa. Enjoy!
Chateau Les Valentines Rose
Pairing: Lemon Garlic Herb Grilled Salmon
Adapted from: Cooking Classy | Serves 4
- 4 (6 - 7 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 2 tbsp finely minced fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 4 tsp finely minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp finely minced fresh thyme
- 2 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place salmon in an 11 by 7-inch dish.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon zest, dijon mustard, honey, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper until well combined.
- Pour mixture over salmon (lift fillets to help marinade run under) then cover and let marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat during last 10 minutes of salmon marinating.
- Brush grill grates with oil, spoon some of the herbs onto salmon (or just use your hands to spread them over), remove salmon from marinade and place on grill.
- Grill about 3 - 5 minutes per side to cook through.
- Serve warm garnished with more parsley if desired.
Mollydooker Maitre D Cabernet Sauvignon
Pairing: Slow Roasted Beef Ribs
Adapted from: Martha Stewart | Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil or other neutral-tasting oil
- 4 12-inch beef short ribs (about 9 pounds)
- Coarse salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Freshly grated horseradish, for garnish
- ¼ cup pitted green olives, such as Castelvetrano, chopped, for garnish
- Fresh lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Heat oil in a large roasting pan over medium-high heat. Season the beef ribs generously with salt and pepper.
Sear ribs in roasting pan until well browned on all sides, about 15 minutes. Remove ribs and set aside. Wipe out roasting pan, return the ribs, and cover with parchment-lined foil. Transfer ribs to oven and roast until meat is tender and falling off the bone, about 4 hours.
- When meat is cool enough to handle, cut off the bone, remove cartilage, turn the meat over, and cut into 1 1/2-inch slices. Place slices on the bone and garnish with horseradish and olives. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.