Classic Wine Club Recipes - November 2022
Below you will find 3 recommended pairings, 1 for each of your wines. Enjoy!
Rocca delle Macie Moonlite Chardonnay 2020
Pairing: Lemon Butter Scallops
Adapted from: Fox & Briar | Serves 4
- 2 pounds sea scallops thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Season them with salt and pepper on both sides
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. When hot, add the scallops to the pan - do not overcrowd the pan. Cook in batches if needed. Cook on one side, 60-90 seconds. Flip and cook for another 60-90 seconds. Remove from pan. Repeat until all scallops are cooked.
- Reduce heat to low. Add butter, garlic, lemon juice to the pan. Stir, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan, 1-2 minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes and chopped parsley, remove from heat.
- Drizzle the sauce over the scallops and serve right away.
Chateau Marsau 2019
Pairing: Red Wine Pot Rast
Adapted from: Sweet & Savoury | Serves 6
- 4-5 pound beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 yellow onion (finely diced)
- 1 yellow onion (quartered)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cloves garlic (whole)
- 2 cups carrots (cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups red wine
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- Place a large dutch oven over medium heat and add the canola oil, once hot, add the meat and brown it on all sides, 3-4 minutes on each side, then set it aside.
- Add the diced onion, and minced garlic to the dutch oven, stir and cook for 1 minute, add chopped thyme, chopped rosemary, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, stirring frequently before adding in the tomato paste, cook for about 1 minute.
- Add in the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and red wine and scrape the bottom of the pan, then add the roast.
- Add the quartered onion, whole garlic cloves, carrots, rosemary sprigs and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 3-4 hours or until fork-tender.
Norton Privada Malbec 2019
Pairing: Thai Barbecue Chicken
Adapted from: The Recipe Critic | Serves 6
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1 ⁄3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 1 ⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1 ⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1 ⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1 ⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Optional fresh veggies for grilling: I used red and green bell peppers snow peas, and carrots
- In a small bowl combine cilantro ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, olive oil and brown sugar. Add the chicken to a ziplock or Stasher bag and marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Grill the chicken about 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked throughout and no longer pink.
- Serve over grilled veggies if desired. Garnish with additional cilantro and red pepper flakes.
Leave a comment