A fabulous and special bottle!
Midleton Dair Ghaelach, is the first ever Irish whiskey to be finished in virgin Irish Oak Hogsheads. This uniquely Irish expression is the latest addition to the Midleton Single Pot Still family of whiskeys, satisfying the growing appetite among whisk(e)y lovers for discovering new and innovative styles of Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey.
Midleton Dair Ghaelach (means “Irish Oak” in the Irish language).
– Ten trees were felled from Grinsells Wood, a controlled forest in Co. Kilkenny.
– Nine trees were used to create barrels, tenth tree had twisted grain which made it
below cooper-able quality.
– Aged exclusively in Ex-Bourbon barrels for 15-22 years.
– Finished in seasoned Virgin Irish Oak Hogsheads for 10 months.
– Each bottle is numbered from what tree it was matured in for ultimate tracability.
Tasting Note: The typical Pot Still spices are fortified by the Irish oak character. Robust yet mellow, clove and cinnamon give way to dairy fudge and milk chocolate sweetness combining with a touch of stewed apple