February 10, 2015 |
Tasty Recipes |
Chocolate Chambord Truffles
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 16 oz best-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp Chambord raspberry liqueur
- 1/2 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup coloured sprinkles
- In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream, butter, and raspberry jam to a simmer, stirring occasionally until butter and jam are melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in the chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the liqueur, mixing well.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill, covered, for 4 hours or until firm.
- Working quickly, roll chocolate mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls, placing them on a parchment paper lined cookie tray as you go.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Roll chocolate balls in cocoa powder, and/or chosen flavour and place in mini paper cups.
- Store in airtight container, with parchment between the layers.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve, for up to 2 weeks.