November 28, 2014 |
Tasty Recipes |
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
This is a food processor recipe and very quickly made up. Make 3 dozen biscotti.
- 1 ¾ cup of flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup of cold butter cut into 9 to 12 pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup shelled raw pistachios
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Process the first 4 dry ingredients in the food processor until well blended. Add butter and vanilla and pulse until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add pistachios, cranberries and eggs. Pulse 5 times, scrape down bowl and pulse until all dry ingredients are blended in, about 5 more pulses.
- Dump bowl contents on a wooden board and knead into a ball. Divide ball into three sections and pat out into three logs on the cookie sheet. (Log shape 2 inches by 5 inches)
- Bake in 350 oven for 25 minutes. Let cool slightly and then cut each log into 10 to 12 finger shaped pieces.
- Put back in the oven for 10 minutes until slightly brown. Cool at room temperature for a day so they harden up. If you like your biscotti a little soften, package into containers the same day. Will keep for a few weeks.
Prefect with Scotch!