November 1, 2014 |
Tasty Recipes |
This is a prefect dish for any grilled meats, with Kebabs being the most obvious choice. Left overs are delicious in a tortilla wrap with greens, mayo and chicken, meat or fish. Traditional tabouli has more parsley than bulgur so add a second bunch of parsley if you prefer.
- 1 cup Bulgur
- 1/2 c to 3/5 c of hot water
- 2 to 3 TB of lemon juice
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely minced
- 4 to 5 tomatoes, cut in small dice
- 1 English cucumber , cut in small dice
- 3 or 4 green onions
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta
- Olives to taste
- Salt, pepper, cumin, ground red pepper
- Place 1 cup of bulgur in a shallow bowl and sprinkle 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of hot water over the bulgur.
- Toss then cover until all the water is absorbed and the bulgur cools. If still too chewy after 20 mins, add more water.
- Squeeze the juice of a large Lemon over the bulgur and sprinkle with a tsp of cumin and a tsp of red chile pepper.
- Add cucumber, tomato, parsley, feta, green onion and sprinkle with olives.
- Taste and adjust flavours with salt, pepper, lemon juice and a splash of olive oil.
Can be stored in a refrigerator up to 4 days.