September 30, 2014 |
Cocktails, Tasty Recipes |
The Manhattan is another 'old-school' bourbon cocktail that was developed in the late 1890s. Many variations exist, but here's the original (and International Bartender Association approved!) recipe.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1 oz Sweet vermouth
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish: 1 Maraschino cherry
- Pour bourbon, sweet vermouth, and bitters into a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir until outside of shaker is very cold to touch
- Strain in to a chilled cocktail glass – garnish with cherry.