September 21, 2014 |
Shrimp & Green Onion Pancakes
One more tapas recipe from our Spanish Festival on Friday!
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups minced green onion (cooked & cooled)
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 9 tbsp minced parsley
- 3 large pinches of paprika
- 24 oz shrimp, finely chopped
- 4 1/2 cup cold water
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together - stir well, the pancake batter should be the consistency of heavy cream
- Let rest for 1-2 hours
- Heat oil 1/4" deep over medium heat.
- Drop by tablespoons in to the oil and spread to 2 1/2" diameter pancakes
- Cook pancakes 2 minutes per side - be very careful when flipping
- Drain on paper towels.