September 9, 2014 |
Cocktails, Tasty Recipes |
Old Fashioned Cocktail
The Old Fashioned cocktail, as well as several other 'old school' cocktails, are seeing a huge boost in popularity, in no small part because of 'Mad Men', and Mr. Don Draper.
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar (or 1 sugar cube)
- 2-3 dashes of bitters
- Orange slice
- Maraschino cherry
- Place sugar (or sugar cube) in a glass (preferably large tumbler or ‘old fashioned’ glass) and add bitters
- Add a few drops of water, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add bourbon, and stir again to further dissolve sugar, then add 2-4 ice cubes
- Stir again to chill drink, garnish with orange slice and maraschino cherry.
- Add water (or soda water) to taste, if desired.