July 22, 2014 |
Tasty Recipes |
Peach Salsa 2 Ways
Fresh peaches have been available for a few weeks now, and who doesn't love peaches? Try these two peach salsa recipes, one savoury for an appetizer, one sweet for a dessert!
Savoury peach salsa is a great condiment for fish, pork or even chicken. Our thoughts? Serve it with tortilla chips and pair it off with a glass of prosecco for a fantastic appetizer!
- 1 lb tomatoes, (2-3 large tomatoes or 7-8 roma tomatoes) diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red or yellow onion, diced
- 1½ lbs peaches, (3-4 peaches) diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dice all vegetables and place in large bowl
- Peel (if desired) and dice peaches and add to vegetables in bowl
- Add remaining ingredients, toss and taste
- Serve with tortilla chips!
Sweet peach salsa is an excellent dessert item - serve on top of angel food cake or pound cake - or, scoop with chocolate wafer cookies instead of chips!
- 4 large peaches - cut into small bite sized pieces
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced and diced into small pieces
- I handful (or 1 loosely packed cup) of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 cup toasted slivered almonds.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Chop fresh peaches and strawberries in to small bit sized pieces and mix together in large bowl.
- Boil water and sugar together to make simple syrup until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Tear or chop mint leaves into small pieces and mix into fruit mixture.
- Toast almond slivers in oven until golden brown. Let cool and then add to bowl with fruit and mint.
- Slowly pour cooled simple syrup over fruit mixture while stirring gently until fruit is well covered.
- Let sit for 30 - 60 minutes before serving.