July 18, 2014 |
Tasty Recipes |
Grilled Quesadillas - Ideas & Pairings
Easy to prepare, and great as snacks, appetizers, or full meals! Check out some of our favourite quesadilla recipes below - complete with the best wines and beers to enjoy them with!
Grilled Apple, Chicken and Applewood Cheddar Quesadillas
- 4 large flour or corn tortilla (these will be folded in half)
- 1.5 cups shredded grilled chicken breast
- 2 large apples thinly sliced
- 3 cups shredded apple wood cheddar – smoked can be used
- Chipotle Dip
- Oil grill racks and pre-heat to grill on high. Once grill is hot turn heat down to medium-high.
- Have all the ingredients in dishes close by to the grill so they are easy to reach.
- Place tortilla shells on heated and oiled grill. (Use a grill plate if you’re worried that the grates are too wide)
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese on half of each tortilla. Leave a bit of room from the edges as the cheese will melt and spread.
- Place apple slices and shredded chicken on top of cheese, sprinkle with remaining cheese and fold over.
- Heat for 5 – 7 minutes on each side. Flip carefully.
- Slice in to two or three triangles and serve with sour cream, barbeque sauce or apple sauce.
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1.5 cup ground beef or chicken
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup kalamata olives, halved or sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs – oregano, parsley and minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Tzatziki sauce
- In a large skillet brown ground beef or chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil with garlic, oregano and parsley to taste.
- Once finished drain any fat from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Heat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- On cookie sheet place the four tortilla shells in a way that makes them easy to fill and fold so that they can be taken easily to barbeque once finished.
- Fill half of each tortilla shell with ground beef or chicken, feta cheese, red onion, tomatoes and olives.
- Fold over and take to heated grill.
- Place carefully on heated grill and heat on both side for 5 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Take on grill and place on individual plates. Cut into three triangles and serve with tzatziki sauce and lemon wedges if desired.
Steak, Potato and Bacon Quesadillas
- 4 corn or whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 lbs barbecued steak, thinly sliced and chopped
- 2 baked potatoes diced or thinly sliced (chilled)
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 6 slices of bacon – cooked to crispy, cooled and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, sour cream or barbecue sauce for dipping.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat
- Place the tortilla shells on large cookie sheet or pan.
- Sprinkle cheese on ½ of each shell leaving a small amount left over to sprinkle on top of all the fillings.
- Divide potatoes, steak, onion and bacon between tortillas and then sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Fold over and carefully place on heated grill.
- Cook for 5 – 7 minutes each side. Carefully flipping so each side is cooked.
- Remove from grill onto plate. Cut each into 3 servings and serve with your favourite dip.