July 14, 2014 |
Cocktails, Tasty Recipes |
Strawberry Cocktail Inspirations
Nothing says summer quite like a fresh, ripe juicy strawberry, so we asked our team to share a few of their favourite strawberry cocktail recipes for you to enjoy on your patio. Enjoy!
Vodka Strawberry Lemonade
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1.5 – 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup vodka or citrus flavoured vodka
- Make simple syrup: Boil water with sugar until completely dissolved. Let cool. (Note: This can be done in advance and kept in a jar in the fridge if desired.)
- Dice strawberries and heat in a large frying pan until softened. (medium heat is best).
- Remove from heat and blend in blender. You’ll need about 1.5 cups of strawberry mash for the recipe.
- Add one cup of fresh lemon juice to one cup of vodka and add more lemon juice as desired.
- Add strawberry mash and sugar water and continue to add lemon juice as needed.
- Blend in one cup of crushed ice for blended style drink or pour over ice cubes in a glass, serve and enjoy.
- 2 – 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced.
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice. More may be required depending on sweetness of berries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 10 – 15 fresh large mint leaves
- 1 cup white or amber rum
- 1 cup soda water
- Mint leaves, strawberry slices and/or lime wedges for garnish.
- In a pitcher, combine strawberries, lime juice, sugar and mint leaves and muddle gently until sugar is dissolved in fruit juices.
- Add rum and stir gently.
- Fill four rocks or short glasses with ice, divide juice mix between glasses, top up with soda, garnish as desired and serve.
Super Easy Strawberry Sangria
- 1 bottle rosé wine
- ½ Spanish or French brandy (Note: ½ cup peach schnapps can be substituted if strawberry peach sangria is desired)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups strawberry lemonade (made from concentrate)
- 1 .5 – 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 lemons thinly sliced
- 2 cups ginger ale
- In a large pitcher pour wine and strawberry lemonade.
- Mix in sugar until dissolved. Taste along the way and stop when desired sweetness is reached.
- Add strawberry and lemon slices. Stir gently. (Note: slice 2-3 large fresh peaches and add if strawberry peach sangria is desired)
- Allow sangria to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour into large punch bowl or add ginger ale directly into pitcher just before serving.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour sangria over top and enjoy.