June 1, 2014 |
Cool Summer Cocktails for the Patio
Even though summer 'technically' doesn't arrive for another couple of weeks, it is definitely time to start thinking about summer weather, hanging out on the patio, and summer cocktails!
We've got 3 great recipes for you to enjoy this summer:
Michael Bigattini's Secret Bellini Recipe
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1.5 oz white rum
- 1.5 oz mango liqueur
- Add all ingredients (except Prosecco) in to a blender
- Puree until silky smooth, and pour in to ice cube trays
- Once completely frozen, place one ice cube in to a class and top with Prosecco
Note: For stronger fruit flavours, more than one ice cube can be used
Spiked Root Beer Float
- 1 can root beer
- 1.5 oz coffee liqueur
- vanilla ice cream
- fresh mint sprigs
- Pour coffee liqueur in to a tall glass
- Place 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream over top
- Fill glass with root beer, and garnish with fresh mint
Sgroppino al Limone
A traditional chilled and frothy lemon cocktail served in Venice that is perfect to serve as a dessert on a warm evening with some simple vanilla cookies or fresh fruit.
- 2 cups lemon sorbet, softened
- 2.5 oz vodka
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Softly whisk lemon sorbet until smooth.
- Slowly mix in vodka, half of the lemon zest and prosecco until frothy, but not too liquid like. (A firmer texture is best as it will liquefy as it melts in the glass; a texture where it can form soft peaks is best.)
- Pour in to flute glasses and sprinkle with remaining lemon zest.
- Add a straw or spoon, and serve.