January 22, 2014 |
Cocktails, Tasty Recipes |
Warm Winter Cocktails
Thanks to everyone who attended our Warm Winter Cocktails event last night - we hope you enjoyed the event as much as we did! If you missed it, below are some recipes from the event so you can snuggle up with some cozy cocktails at home!
Hot Buttered Rum
Preparing the batter:
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground nutmeg or mace
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
- Refrigerate in a sealed air-tight container for up to two months.
This mixture may also be frozen for up to one year before using.
Preparing the cocktail:
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 tablespoons of refrigerated Hot Buttered Rum batter
- 6 ounces (12 tablespoons) of boiling water
- 1 1/2 ounces of dark rum
- 1 tablespoon of light cream (optional)
- nutmeg, to garnish
- Spoon batter into a hot beverage mu.
- Add boiling water and stir well until dissolved
- Add rum and cream (if using) and stir
- Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg