December 2, 2013 |
A huge thank you to everyone who attended our Bubbly Brunch event last night! We hope you'll try (and enjoy) this recipe for Gougères - made with gruyère cheese!
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut in to 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated gruyère cheese
- Optional: poppy seeds, cayenne, black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the water, salt and butter to a boil, making sure the butter is completely melted.
- Take off heat, add the flour all at once, and beat vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Return to the heat and continue beating until the dough forms a solid, smooth mass and pulls away from the sides of the saucepan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat in eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next.
- Mix in the cheese.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, pipe or spoon rounds of dough approximately 1 1/2: in diameter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
These are best served warm on their own or split and filled with various fillings