November 22, 2013 |
Tasty Recipes |
Roasted Corn Salsa
This fantastic corn salsa recipe from Emeril Lagasse is sure to impress!
- 5 medium ears of yellow corn, husks and silk removed
- 5 tsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 Serrano pepper, finely chopped (seeds included)
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced for garnish
- Preheat a grill to medium-high
- Soak corn in water for 5 minutes, drain and pat dry.
- Lightly rub each ear of corn with 1 teaspoon of the oil and place the corn directly on the grill.
- Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until the kernels are lightly browned on all sides, about 20 minutes.
- Remove and set aside until cool.
- When the ears have cooled, cut the kernels from the cobs and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, tequila, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mayonnaise-tequila dressing over the cooled corn kernels.
- Stir in the green onions, diced serrano pepper, red bell pepper, and cilantro.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Place corn salsa in a serving bowl, garnish with avocado slices, and serve with tortilla chips.