October 10, 2013 |
Tomorrow at the Cider Mini Festival event, we will be sampling cider chicken, apple and cheddar panini, sausages and onions with cider glaze, and cider-braised pork, along with cider-friendly camembert, gruyére and beaufort cheeses. Try the cider chicken recipe!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp fresh extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled & cored
- 4 Tbsp apple cider
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Lightly pound chicken breasts to flatten to even thickness (about 1/2").
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Dust with the rosemary and flour.
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat and brown the breasts on both sides. Chicken should be just-cooked through.
- Slice the apples (1/8" thick).
- Remove the chicken to a plate and add the apple slices to the pan with the apple cider.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Put the chicken back in the pan to warm through.