September 18, 2013 |
Tasty Recipes |
Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas & Cashews
A huge thank you to everyone who attended our Organic Defined: Bonterra Organic Vineyards event last night! Bonterra Organic Vineyards has created great recipes over the years - here is the recipe for Sautéed Sugar Snaps & Cashews.
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup shallots, minced
- 1/2 Serrano pepper, minced
- 1 lb sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup cashews
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp butter
- sea salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and toast the cashews for 3-4 minutes, until they smell nutty and toasted, but before they turn brown.
- Scoop them onto a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- Return the skillet to the stove an dswirl in the olive oil.
- When hot, add the shallot and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Turn up heat to medium high and add sugar snaps to the pan.
- Swirl and toss to coat with the oil and shallots.
- Sauté for 5-7 minutes, tossing occasionally, until peas are crisp-tender and brown in spots.
- Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce and honey in a small bowl.
- When peas are done, pour in vinegar - soy mixture, add butter and toss to coat peas.
- Season with salt and turn in to a serving dish.
- Top with chopped cashews.