- 500 grams (2 cups) cherries, pitted (preferably black cherries)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar (you can add 1 tablespoon more if the cherries you are using are not so sweet)
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C (325 degrees F).
- Place the cherries in a flat baking dish.
- With the use of a spoon and fork, mix the balsamic vinegar, brandy and sugar well with the cherries.
- Bake the cherries in the middle rack for 2 hours. Mix the cherries a few times while cooking.
- When they are cooked, you can transfer them to a sealed glass container and keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days. Use it as sauce for ice cream, yogurt, pancakes, etc.
Recipe Adapted From www.apronandsneakers.com