Community Blog — DIY Crafts
- 1 (750ml) bottle of bourbon whiskey
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- sugar pumpkin
- De-seed your pumpkin and cut it into slices. Lay them in a prepared baking sheet (single layer), and roast them at 330 F for 45-69 minutes.
- Pour the whiskey into a mason jar or another air-tight container. I used a 1.5 L mason jar, so I would have plenty of room.
- Add the roasted pumpkin ans the pumpkin spice .
- Put the container somewhere safe and leave it alone for the next two weeks. NOTE (can shake it ever so often if needed)
- Once two weeks has passed, strain the whiskey using cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
Recipe adapted from www.tastefullyeclectic.com
- Purchase a 1x6x6 from Home Depot or your local hardware store. Cut 3 pieces at 4″, one piece at 6″ and one piece at 21″. A simple hand saw will work great if you don’t have a saw!
- Next, attach the 4″ pieces like this with wood glue and finishing nails.
Using wood glue and finishing nails, attach the 6″ piece to the front of the 4″ pieces. (Touching all three wood pieces).
Add wood glue to the back of the bottle cap catcher (other three panel side) and attach it to the 21″ board with finishing nails and attach it to the 21″ board with finishing nails (from the back of the 21″ board into the bottle cap catcher).
- Purchase a Wall Mounted Bottle opener
Winter Ice Shot Glasses
Here’s how to make charming ice shot glasses!
Fill up ice shot molds halfway with water.
Add some festive food items around the mold. Some cinnamon sticks, thinly sliced apples, some greens and pomegranates. More is more with these so don’t be afraid to add a lot of fun garnishes to your frozen shot glass!
After the garnishes are added, top off the mold with more water to complete your creation and wait 24 hours for it to freeze in the freezer.
These glasses melt fast and are meant to be served up right away! I would suggest pulling your ice shots from the mold and setting them on a tray in the freezer hours before you even serve them. That way you can pull them out straight from the freezer, pour your shot in and serve right away!
Recipe adapted from sugarandcharm.com
- Christmas Recipes
- Cinco de Mayo
- Classic Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- DIY Crafts
- Earth Day
- Easter Themed Recipes
- Fall Calendar Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Halloween Themed Recipes
- Hot Drinks
- Peggy Perry Recipe
- Royal Wedding
- Spring Calendar
- St. Patrick's Day
- Summer Cocktail
- Summer Cocktails
- Summer Inspired Recipes
- Tasty Everyday Recipe
- Tequila Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Valentine's Day
- weekly specials
- Winter cocktails
- Winter Events Calender
- WPWS Favourite Recipes