Community Blog — Dinner Recipes
For Chowder Base:
- 1 oz. butter
- 2 lbs Kurri Squash, peel, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 stalks of lemon grass chopped
- 1 small bulb of ginger, chopped
- 1 large carrot roughly, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 leek, whites only, thinly sliced
- 1 head of garlic, chopped
- 2 liters of chicken stock
- 2 liters of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp of Thai red curry paste
- juice from 3 limes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and white pepper
In a large stock pot over medium heat melt the butter. Add the lemon grass, ginger, carrot, celery, onion and garlic. Turn the heat down to low. Slowly sweat the vegetables for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Then add the squash and continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes. Add the chicken stock to the pot. Bring the chicken stock up to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the coconut milk, thyme and bay leaf and continue to simmer for approximately 15 minutes. Process the chowder base in a blender until smooth and creamy. Strain the chowder base through a fine strainer and add the lime juice and fish sauce. Add the salt and white pepper to taste.
For The Chowder:
- 1 cup of diced Kurri squash
- 1 cup of dice potatoes
- 8 baby squash (patti pans or crook neck) quartered
- 8 kohlrabi peeled and quartered
- ½ cup of pearl onions
- ½ lbs organic ocean spot prawns
- 1 lbs organic ocean mussels
- ½ lbs of organic ocean halibut cut into 1 inch dice
- 100 ml of whipping cream
Bring the chowder base to a boil. Add the kurri squash, potatoes, baby squash, pearl onions and cook until tender (approximately 15 mins). Add the mussels, prawns, and halibut and cook until the mussel open and the seafood is cooked. Add the cream and cook for 1 minute. Serve the chowder in bowls topped with chopped chives and a drizzle of olive oil!
Page 41 on Fall Calendar
OVEN-ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH CHORIZO, RAISINS & PINE NUTS
• 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and cut in half through the core
• 2 Tbsp. Clarified Butter • 2 Tbsp Whole Butter
• 4 ozs. Chorizo, cut into ¼” dice
• 1 sprig Fresh Thyme, leaves picked off the stem
• 1 Shallot, minced
• 1 Tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
• 2 Tbsp. Raisins, soaked in warm water 10 minutes
• 2 Tbsp. of Pine Nuts, roasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Heat an oven-proof pan over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add clarified butter. When the butter starts to smoke, add the brussel sprouts.
3. Toss to coat the brussel sprouts and place pan into the oven for 15 minutes or until sprouts are golden brown and tender. Remove pan from the oven and return to stovetop over medium heat. Add butter and chorizo.
4. Cook for 3 minutes then add shallots and thyme. Cook for 1 minute then add vinegar, raisins and pine nuts. Toss gently and check seasoning. Serve immediately.
- 3 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup whiskey any brand
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 slices American cheese
Preheat oven to 350.
Dip each of your bacon strips in your whiskey then in the brown sugar and place on a baking sheet. Press remaining brown sugar into bacon.
Bake for about 15 minutes, flipping half way through until done.
Remove from oven and let cool, then slice in half.
Meanwhile on stove in small pan melt your butter then add your diced onions and saute until translucent, add in brown sugar and let caramelize, remove from heat.
To make your burgers mix together your ground beef, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper and form into 3 1/3 lb patties and place on your smokeless grill.
Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until desired doneness, top with cheese and remove from heat.
Place burger on bun and top with sliced bacon and onions.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from tornadoughalli.com
- Christmas Recipes
- Cinco de Mayo
- Classic Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- DIY Crafts
- Earth Day
- Easter Themed Recipes
- Fall Calendar Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Halloween Themed Recipes
- Hot Drinks
- Royal Wedding
- Spring Calendar
- St. Patrick's Day
- Summer Cocktail
- Summer Cocktails
- Summer Inspired Recipes
- Tasty Everyday Recipe
- Tequila Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Valentine's Day
- Winter cocktails
- Winter Events Calender
- WPWS Favourite Recipes