Community Blog — Classic Recipes
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 pint whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 egg whites*
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks. With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve.
- Cook's Note: For cooked eggnog, follow procedure below.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over high heat, combine the milk, heavy cream and nutmeg and bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Then return everything to the pot and cook until the mixture reaches 160 degrees F. Remove from the heat, stir in the bourbon, pour into a medium mixing bowl, and set in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. With the mixer running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Whisk the egg whites into the chilled mixture.
Recipe adapted from www.foodnetwork.com
OVEN-ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH CHORIZO, RAISINS & PINE NUTS
• 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and cut in half through the core
• 2 Tbsp. Clarified Butter • 2 Tbsp Whole Butter
• 4 ozs. Chorizo, cut into ¼” dice
• 1 sprig Fresh Thyme, leaves picked off the stem
• 1 Shallot, minced
• 1 Tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
• 2 Tbsp. Raisins, soaked in warm water 10 minutes
• 2 Tbsp. of Pine Nuts, roasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Heat an oven-proof pan over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add clarified butter. When the butter starts to smoke, add the brussel sprouts.
3. Toss to coat the brussel sprouts and place pan into the oven for 15 minutes or until sprouts are golden brown and tender. Remove pan from the oven and return to stovetop over medium heat. Add butter and chorizo.
4. Cook for 3 minutes then add shallots and thyme. Cook for 1 minute then add vinegar, raisins and pine nuts. Toss gently and check seasoning. Serve immediately.
Must Try Clam Chowder
In large saucepan, sauté onion, garlic and sweet potatoes in oil, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add scallops, shrimp and clams; mix well. Stir in milk and cream. Simmer over medium-low heat for 7 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 3 minutes. Stir in egg yolks and season to taste with pepper, savory and thyme. Mix well. Serve immediately and garnish with fresh chives.Note: This recipe contains raw or lightly cooked eggs. Foods containing raw or lightly cooked eggs may be harmful to vulnerable people such as young children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with weak immune systems.
- Christmas Recipes
- Cinco de Mayo
- Classic Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- DIY Crafts
- Earth Day
- Easter Themed Recipes
- Fall Calendar Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Halloween Themed Recipes
- Hot Drinks
- Peggy Perry Recipe
- Royal Wedding
- Spring Calendar
- St. Patrick's Day
- Summer Cocktail
- Summer Cocktails
- Summer Inspired Recipes
- Tasty Everyday Recipe
- Tequila Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Valentine's Day
- weekly specials
- Winter cocktails
- Winter Events Calender
- WPWS Favourite Recipes