Community Blog — Beer
Summer Beer Twist
1/4 watermelon, cut up into chunks
2-4 White Beers or Wheat Beers, (ex. Shock Top)
Place the watermelon chunks in your blender. Puree until smooth, then pour into a sifter over a bowl. Strain until only the juice is left and there is no pulp -chill for at least an hour. Fill a glass with the beer and pour the watermelon juice on top. Serve immediately.
Recipe Adapted form www.perpetuallyhungryblog.com
Recipe: Makes 1 Cocktail
- 1 oz Vida Mezcal or your favorite brand
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- .75 oz Demerara Syrup
- Dash Regan’s Orange Bitters
- 2 oz Pilsner
- Lemon Wedge for Garnish
Add the Mezcal, lemon juice, demerara and bitters to mixing tin add ice and shake for 8 seconds. (if you’re using large ice cubes)
Pour over prepared highball with a salted rim and top with your favorite pilsner or really any light beer.
Recipe Adapted from http://cali-zona.com
A deliciously simple soup recipe that is super easy to put together and the flavor tastes like it took all day!
- 200ml IPA Beer (Single or Double)
- 135g each of Caramelized onion cheddar, Swiss, and Gruyere (shredded or diced)
- 4 tsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Kirsch (optional, but recommended)
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Use your choice of chopped vegetables such as: Mushrooms, Peppers, Broccoli or Bread
- Simmer beer in fry pan on stove top.
- Add cheese, 100 gm at a time. Stir after each addition of cheese until melted.
- Add 4 Tbl of the fluid from the melted cheese to the flour and mix until a slurry is formed.
- Add to cheese mixture. Serve with cut-up French bread and vegetables.
Recipe graciously donated by Springbank Cheese Co.
- Christmas Recipes
- Cinco de Mayo
- Classic Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- DIY Crafts
- Earth Day
- Easter Themed Recipes
- Fall Calendar Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Halloween Themed Recipes
- Hot Drinks
- Peggy Perry Recipe
- Royal Wedding
- Spring Calendar
- St. Patrick's Day
- Summer Cocktail
- Summer Cocktails
- Summer Inspired Recipes
- Tasty Everyday Recipe
- Tequila Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Valentine's Day
- weekly specials
- Winter cocktails
- Winter Events Calender
- WPWS Favourite Recipes