• 2 large sweet red peppers
• 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 1/3 cup lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons tahini
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled • 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon curry powder • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin • 1/2 teaspoon pepper • Pita bread, warmed and cut into wedges, and reducedfat wheat snack crackers • Additional garbanzo beans or chickpeas, optional
1. Broil red peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
2. Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Place the peppers in a food processor. Add beans, lemon juice, tahini, oil, garlic and seasonings; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with pita bread and crackers. Garnish with additional beans if desired.
Yield: 3 cups.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.