OVEN-ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH CHORIZO, RAISINS & PINE NUTS
• 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and cut in half through the core
• 2 Tbsp. Clarified Butter • 2 Tbsp Whole Butter
• 4 ozs. Chorizo, cut into ¼” dice
• 1 sprig Fresh Thyme, leaves picked off the stem
• 1 Shallot, minced
• 1 Tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
• 2 Tbsp. Raisins, soaked in warm water 10 minutes
• 2 Tbsp. of Pine Nuts, roasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Heat an oven-proof pan over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add clarified butter. When the butter starts to smoke, add the brussel sprouts.
3. Toss to coat the brussel sprouts and place pan into the oven for 15 minutes or until sprouts are golden brown and tender. Remove pan from the oven and return to stovetop over medium heat. Add butter and chorizo.
4. Cook for 3 minutes then add shallots and thyme. Cook for 1 minute then add vinegar, raisins and pine nuts. Toss gently and check seasoning. Serve immediately.