- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup triple sec (or use your favorite liqueur)
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract (or preferred flavorant)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gel food colorings
- Lollipop sticks
- Place 3 large pieces of parchment paper onto a flat surface.
- Lightly spray each with cooking spray & then brush with a pastry brush to evenly coat the paper.
- Place the sugar, water, & corn syrup in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Gently stir until the sugar mixture comes to a boil. Take care not to splash the mixture up onto the sides of the pan.
- Once boiling, stop stirring & clip a candy thermometer onto the side of the saucepan. Be sure that the thermometer does not touch the bottom of the pan.
- While the mixture boils, moisten a pastry brush with water & carefully wipe down the sides of the pan to wash any crystals forming on the sides.
- Continue to boil until the thermometer reaches 300 degrees F -(hard crack)-. Note: The sugar will start to caramelize, and your lollipops will take on an amber appearance, at temperatures above the hard crack phase.
- Allow to cool to 275 degrees & carefully stir in triple sec & extracts.
- Pour out circles (two at a time) onto the parchment paper using a metal spoon.
- Dip the lollipop sticks into the gel food coloring & quickly stir through the lollipop circle.
- Lay the lollipop stick in the center of the lollipop & spin around so that the stick is surrounded by the candy.
- Repeat with remaining candy. If the candy starts to become too stiff, heat it up slightly (on low) on the stovetop.
- If desired lightly push sprinkles into the candy.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes, or until completely firm.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.