This simple, traditional red sangria is made with just 6 ingredients and is the perfect fruity summer beverage that's adaptable and delicious!
Serves: 4.5 cups
What You'll Need:
1/2 apple, cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces
1/2 orange, rind on, sliced into small pieces, large seeds removed (plus more for garnish) Add lemons and limes as well for an extra citrus kick to your punch.
3-4 Tbsp (41-55 g) sugar (if desired)
3/4 cup (180 ml) orange juice, plus more to taste
1/3 cup (80 ml) brandy, plus more to taste
1 750 ml bottle dry Spanish red wine
Ice to chill (~1 cup) Instructions
1. Add apples, oranges, and sugar to a large pitcher and muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon for 45 seconds.
2. Add orange juice and brandy and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds.
3. Add red wine and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust flavour as needed. I added a bit more brandy, orange juice and sugar. If using a sweeter wine sugar may not be needed. Stir to combine.
4. Add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as is, or with a bit more ice. Garnish with orange segments and mint if you have some fresh(optional).
5. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, though best when fresh and who are we kidding? You won't have any leftovers, this is so good!