- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup Nutella or other hazelnut spread
- pinch of slat
- 6 oz Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp instant espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- toasted coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
- Bring the milk, Nutella, and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until Nutella is completely dissolved. Taste for chocolate flavor and body, and add more Nutella if desired. Stir in hazelnut liqueur, and remove from heat.
- Whip the heavy cream together with the confectioner’s sugar and espresso powder until soft peaks have formed. Ladle the drink into warmed cups, and top with a big spoonful of whipped cream. Garnish with the chopped hazelnuts and toasted coconut flakes.
Recipe adapted from katieatthekitchendoor.com