1 large egg
• 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
• 100 g (about 1/2 cup) granulated sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
• 125 g (about 1 1/4 cup) almond meal/flour
• ½ c Granulated sugar and powdered sugar for rolling
1. Whisk egg, almond extract, sugar and salt with a fork until well combined. Add almond meal/flour and mix until the ground almonds are equally moist.
2. Cover and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour (or overnight) so that the batter gets firmer.
3. Roll the batter into small balls, 1.5 teaspoons each. Roll each ball in a small bowl with granulated sugar first and then, in a separate bowl, in powdered sugar until nicely covered.
4. Place the cookies onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper with 1-inch space between them (they will spread slightly).
5. Bake them for 12-15 minutes in a 320 F (160 C) preheated oven. Depending on their size and your oven, the baking time may vary. The cookies should still be kind of soft to the touch and they will firm up when cooled.
Enjoy with your favourite coffee and liqueur!
Page 22 on our Fall Calender!