February 13, 2017 |
Tasty Recipes |
Super Soft Molasses Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light or dark molasses
- 1/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- Raw sugar (for rolling/dusting)
- Place racks in lower and upper thirds of oven; preheat to 375°F. Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk egg, butter, granulated sugar, molasses, and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Mix in dry ingredients just to combine.
- Place dusting sugar in a shallow bowl. Scoop out dough by the tablespoonful and roll into balls (if dough is sticky, chill 20 minutes). Roll in sugar and place on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2” apart.
- Bake cookies, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until cookies are puffed, cracked, and just set around edges (over-baked cookies won’t be chewy), 8–10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and let cool.
Cookie dough can be made up to two weeks ahead. Take dough and roll into balls. Freeze on a baking sheet; transfer to resalable plastic bags. Before baking let sit at room temperature 30 minutes before rolling in sugar and placing on cookie sheet.