March 1, 2017 |
Canadian Recipes, Tasty Recipes |
Maple Glazed Salmon
3-4 6 ounce salmon
- fillets, skin on
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Large pinch of ground
- ginger or to taste
- Mix maple syrup, soy, garlic and ginger in a baking dish. Dip each side of the salmon fillets in the marinade, then let sit, skin side down, for about 20 minutes.
- Turn on broiler. Spoon a bit more of the marinade over salmon then place 4-5 inches under broiler element. Cook to desired doneness, about 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness of fillets. Remove from oven and spoon some of the syrupy marinade over salmon and sprinkle with green onions before serving.
- Meanwhile, pour marinade into a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat slightly and allow to cook several minutes, stirring frequently, until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Serve salmon warm with 1 Tbsp of the maple soy glaze drizzled over top and black pepper and green onions if desired. Add roasted vegetables, rice or potatoes for a delicious dinner.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy