June 27, 2014 |
Cocktails, Tasty Recipes |
Cool Summer Punch Recipes
Here are some of our favourite summer punch recipes - just in time for the long weekend! They're great for making ahead and serving later (rain or shine)!
- 3 bottle(s) (11.2-ounce) chilled Hoegaarden beer
- 1 bottle(s) (12-ounce) chilled ginger beer
- 1 thinly sliced lemon
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine Hoegaarden with ginger beer. Stir in most lemon slices and mint sprigs. Fill 6 rocks glasses with ice. Add remaining lemon slices to glasses and pour in shandy. Garnish each drink with a mint sprig and serve.
Fresh Mint Margaritas
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 4 cup(s) crushed ice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) good-quality tequila
- 1 cup(s) freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 8 limes)
- 1 cup(s) Triple Sec
- In the bottom of a large (2-quart) pitcher, crush together mint and salt, pressing with the back of a wooden spoon. Add ice. Add tequila, lime juice, and Triple Sec, stirring vigorously. Serve in short tumblers or wineglasses.
Strawberry Lime Moscato Punch
- 1.5 liter of Moscato wine
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate, defrosted
- 1 c strawberries, diced plus 1 c strawberries sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- 2 Liter 7 Up
- place 1 cup of diced strawberries and ¼ cup of limeade in a blender and puree
- run through a strainer to remove most of the seeds
- pour into a pitcher
- add remaining limeade and moscato into the pitcher
- garnish with strawberry and lime slices
- chill in fridge
- when ready to serve top each glass with 7 Up
Mixed Berry Limoncello Sangria
From Better Home and Gardens - www.bhg.com
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 12 ounce can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) limoncello (lemon-flavor liqueur)
- 2 750 mL bottle Prosecco or sparkling wine, chilled
- In a large pitcher or glass jar combine raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and lemon slices.
- Stir in lemonade concentrate and limoncello.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours to blend flavors.
- Just before serving, add Prosecco. Serve in glasses over ice.