March 1, 2015 |
Tasty Recipes |
A few great recipes to experiment with!
Willow Breakfast Sandwich
Ingredients - for the sandwich
- English Muffin
- 1 Slice of Canadian Back Bacon
- 1 Slice Brie cheese
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Dash of milk
Ingredients - for the sauce
- 1 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tsp. regular mustard
- 1 Tsp. mayonnaise
- Dash of cayenne pepper if desired
- Toast English muffin and spread special sauce on both sides.
- Place butter in hot frying pan with spinach, stirring as it cooks.
- In a separate bowl scramble one egg, adding a dash of milk or cream if desired.
- Once spinach is cooked, pour scrambled egg over top and mix together.
- Place the slice of brie on one side of the English muffin, then add on the slice of cooked Canadian Back Bacon and finish by layering on the egg and spinach mixture.
- Serve with fresh fruit salad and enjoy!
Grand Marnier Syrup
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, strained
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tsp. finely grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier liqueur
- Slice butter into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a small saucepan, heat orange juice, sugar and orange rind, on low temperature stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Increase heat and bring to boil. The mixture will thicken and become syrupy.
- Whisk the mixture and add the butter, piece by piece.
- When thoroughly blended, remove from heat and stir in Grand Marnier.
- Serve immediately.
Naughty Syrup by Maker's Mark
- 2 Tbsp. Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
- 1 cup Grade A or Grade B maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 Tsp. whole cloves
- 1 piece fresh orange peel 1”x 3”, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Combine the maple syrup, cinnamon, clove and orange peel in a small sauce pan.
- Heat over medium high heat to a simmer then remove from the heat and allow the syrup and aromatics to steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a small saucepan.
- Gently warm the syrup over low heat.
- Add the butter and Maker’s Mark® Bourbon and stir until well blended.
- Serve warm. Makes 1-1/4 cups.