November 26, 2013 |
Tasty Recipes |
We get asked all the time for the recipe for these simple but delicious Amaretti cookies that our talented kitchen team whips for different events. Every time we serve them the query's come rushing in. These are a perfect cookie to serve with many different wine styles and are a treat any time of the year.
- 500 gm / 1.1 lb Almond flour (Ground Almond), buy bulk from health food store or Bulk Barn.
- 300 gm/ 1- 1/3 cup caster sugar or fine white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Whisk yolks, then mix with sugar until well combined.
- Add almond flour, mix well.
- Add in vanilla and almond extract.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add 1/3 egg white to almond mixture at a time. Do not overmix.
- Use scoop size 50 to portion cookies on a lined cookie sheet - or use two tablespoons to make round balls of dough just over 1 tablespoon in size.
- Bake at 325 F for 25-30 minutes.