October 28, 2014 |
Events, Wine |
11 Days left until the Charity Wine Auction
Our Charity Wine Auction brings together some of the world’s most exciting, prominent and respected winery owners, winemakers and personalities from around the globe and as our count down continues we’d like to introduce you to:
Louie Tolaini, Owner of Tolaini Winery
- Louie was born in Tuscany, but left for Canada at the age of 19. He started his new life as a dishwasher in Virden, MB. Working 7 days a week and saving his money. With his savings Louie purchased his first truck and began servicing Western Manitoba’s Oilfields.
- Today, Louie is the owner of the TransX Group of Companies and proudly employs over 2600 employees, and owns 6500 trucks and trailers. His hardwork has grown it into Canada’s largest privately owned transportation companies.
- Louie took his same drive and passion and turned it towards the wine industry in Tuscany, when he purchased an Italian farm with the goal to make Tuscan wines that were second to none.
- Today, his wines are enjoyed through Canada, the United States and Europe and have received critical acclaim from wine critic Robert Parker - 2009 Tolaini Valdisanti 94 points and the 2009 Tolaini Picconero 93 points.
- In 2007, Louie was named Entrepreneur of the Year for Western Canada and has been given the honorary title of “Commandatore” for outstanding accomplishment from the Italian Government.
“Passion is the difference between mediocrity & excellence”
Don't miss out on your chance to personally meet Louie Tolaini - book your Charity Wine Auction tickets now!